- Fardin Abdi, Chien-Ying Chen, Monowar Hasan, Songran Liu, Sibin Mohan, and Marco Caccamo, “Preserving Physical Safety Under Cyber Attacks,” IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2018.
- Chien-Ying Chen, Monowar Hasan, and Sibin Mohan, “Securing real-time internet-of-things,” Sensors 18.12, 4356, 2018.
- Chien-Ying Chen, Yu-Ting Chen, Yi-Hsuan Tu, Shun-Yao Yang, and Pai H. Chou, “EcoSpire: An Application Development Kit for an Ultra-Compact Wireless Sensing System,” in IEEE Embedded Systems Letters, Vol. 1, No. 3, October 2009, pages 73-76, (version published February 2010). ISSN 1943-0663.
- Yassine Qamsane, Chien-Ying Chen, Efe C. Balta, Bin-Chou Kao, Sibin Mohan, James Moyne, Dawn Tilbury and Kira Barton, “A Unified Digital Twin Framework for Real-time Monitoring and Evaluation of Smart Manufacturing Systems,” in 15th IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE), Aug. 2019.
- Chien-Ying Chen, Sibin Mohan, Rodolfo Pellizzoni, Rakesh B. Bobba and Negar Kiyavash, “A Novel Side-Channel in Real-Time Schedulers,” in 25th IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS), Apr. 2019. [slides]
- Mu Zhang, Chien-Ying Chen, Bin-Chou Kao, Yassine Qamsane, Yuru Shao, Yikai Lin, Elain Shi, Sibin Mohan, Kira Barton, James Moyne and Z. Morley Mao, “Towards Automated Safety Vetting of PLC Code in Real-World Plants,” in the Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Security & Privacy (S&P), May 2019. [slides]
- Matthew Potok, Chien-Ying Chen, Sayan Mitra and Sibin Mohan, “SDCWorks: A Formal Framework for Software-Defined Control of Smart Manufacturing Systems,” in the 9th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems (ICCPS), Apr. 2018.
- Fardin Abdi, Chien-Ying Chen, Monowar Hasan, Sibin Mohan and Marco Caccamo, “Guaranteed Physical Security with Restart-Based Design for Cyber-Physical Systems,” in the 9th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems (ICCPS), Apr. 2018.
- Man-Ki Yoon, Sibin Mohan, Chien-Ying Chen, Lui Sha, “TaskShuffler: A Schedule Randomization Protocol for Obfuscation Against Timing Inference Attacks in Real-Time Systems,” in 22nd IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS), Apr. 2016.
- Chien-Ying Chen and Pai H. Chou, “DuraCap: a Supercapacitor-Based, Power-Bootstrapping Maximum Power Point Tracking Energy-Harvesting System,” in Proc. ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED), Austin, TX, USA. August 2010. pp. 313-318.
- Chieh-Ming Wu, Yin-Fu Huang and Jian-Ying Chen, “Privacy Preserving Association Rules by Using Greedy Approach,” in Proceedings of the World Congress on Computer Science and Information Engineering, Vol. 4, 2009, pp. 61-65.
- Ioannis Agadakos, Chien-Ying Chen, Matteo Campanelli, Prashant Anantharaman, Monowar Hasan, Bogdan Copos, Tancrède Lepoint, Michael Locasto, Gabriela F. Ciocarlie, and Ulf Lindqvist, “Jumping the Air Gap: Modeling Cyber-Physical Attack Paths in the Internet-of-Things,” in 3rd ACM Workshop on Cyber-Physical Systems Security & Privacy (CPS-SPC), Nov. 2017.
- Chien-Ying Chen, Amiremad Ghassami, Sibin Mohan, Negar Kiyavash, Rakesh B. Bobba and Rodolfo Pellizzoni, “ScheduLeak: An Algorithm for Reconstructing Task Schedules in Fixed-Priority Hard Real-Time Systems,” (abstract only) in 1st IEEE Workshop on Security and Dependability of Critical Embedded Real-Time Systems (CERTS), Nov. 2016. [cite] [preprint]
- Chien-Ying Chen, Sibin Mohan, Negar Kiyavash, Rakesh B. Bobbaz and Rodolfo Pellizzoni, “ScheduLeak: A Reconnaissance Attack Against Real-Time Embedded Systems,” in the Midwest Security Workshop (MSW) Poster Session, 2018.
Technical Reports and Preprints
- Chien-Ying Chen, Sibin Mohan, Rodolfo Pellizzoni and Rakesh B. Bobbaz, “On Scheduler Side-Channels
in Dynamic-Priority Real-Time Systems,” Technical Report on Arxiv, 2020.
- Chien-Ying Chen, Monowar Hasan, AmirEmad Ghassami, Sibin Mohan, Negar Kiyavash, “REORDER: Securing Dynamic-Priority Real-Time Systems Using Schedule Obfuscation,” Technical Report on Arxiv, 2019.
- Chien-Ying Chen, “Technical Report for the Implementation of the Restart-based Framework,” Technical Report, 2018.
- Chien-Ying Chen, “DuraCap: a Power-Bootstrapping, Maximum Power Point Tracking Energy-Harvesting System,” Master Thesis, National Tsing Hua University (Taiwan), 2009.
- Taiwanese Patent NO.99100899, “Energy Harvesting System”, 2013
- US Patent NO.8188703 (B2), “Energy Harvesting System”, 2012
- US Patent EFS ID 33452465, “Modeling cyber-physical attack paths in the Internet-of-things,” filed Aug. 2018, under review